30 Sept 2009

jo

Jo: Oh, Beth, truly, I don't know if I could ever be good like Marmee. I rather crave violence. If only I could be like Father and go to war and stand up to the lions of injustice.

Beth: I'm sure Marmee does in her own way.

Jo: Yes.. But I want to do something different. I don't know what it is yet, but I'm on the watch for it.

Beth: You'll find it Jo.

--------

Jo: Well, of course Aunt March prefers Amy over me. Why shouldn’t she? I’m ugly and awkward and I always say the wrong things. I fly around throwing away perfectly good marriage proposals. I love our home, but I’m just so fitful and I can’t stand being here! I’m sorry, I’m sorry Marmee. There’s just something really wrong with me. I want to change, but I – I can’t. And I just know I’ll never fit in anywhere.

Marmee: Oh, Jo. Jo, you have so many extraordinary gifts; how can you expect to lead an ordinary life? You’re ready to go out and – and find a good use for your talent. Tho’ I don’t know what I shall do without my Jo. Go, and embrace your liberty. And see what wonderful things come of it.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I LOVE this movie...embrace your liberty, dear Stephanie.

Steph said...

me too! :)
i'm trying.